What We Believe
Discovery Church’s vision is to reach people with the Gospel (Good News) of Jesus Christ and make disciples.
Discovery Church exists to reach people of all ages and backgrounds with the Gospel (Good News) message of God’s grace and unconditional love.
Values and Beliefs
- Discovery Church believes in presenting the Gospel as good news and equipping people to lead successful lives empowered through Christ. Scripture basis: Romans 1:16, Ephesians 4:11.
- Discovery Church believes we exist to intentionally express the message of God’s grace and unconditional love to those who have not yet believed. This is expressed in our everyday lifestyle as individuals and through teaching, music, videos, Discover Life groups, and outreaches into the community. Scripture basis: Matthew 28:19-20, John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9.
- Discovery Church believes all people matter to God and they matter to us. Scripture basis: Luke 15.
- Discovery Church believes we are to be relevant in current culture, while being Biblically-sound in our approach. Scripture basis: 1 Corinthians 9:19-23.
- Discovery Church believes the teaching and worship ministry should reflect God’s grace and unconditional love in such a way that lives are transformed forever. Scripture basis: Romans 12:1-2, Romans 1:16.
- Discovery Church believes in discovering spiritual gifts among the people who attend, equipping them and raising them up into leadership to help fulfill the vision of reaching people with the Gospel message. Scripture basis: Ephesians 4:11-16, Romans 12:4-8.
- Discovery Church believes in stewardship of our time, finances, and talents focusing on reaching people with the Gospel message. Scripture basis: Deuteronomy 8:18, 1 Peter 4:10-11, 2 Corinthians 9:6-11.
By adopting these core values, the church has much more of an opportunity to stay focused, be successful in evaluating the ministries and keep reaching toward the vision of reaching the unchurched.